Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 90mm /f2.5 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 90mm /f2.5 Macro
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:30:09 -0800
on 2/11/03 6:15 AM, Devon Decker at ddecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just picked up a Vivitar Series 1 90mm 2.5 macro on Ebay.  Does anybody
> have any experience with this lens?  What do you think? It hasn't arrived
> yet, so I haven't played with it.
>
> Devon Decker
> Houston, TX

I've got this one. Very fine lens gives crisp sharp images. But its 1/2 stop
slower than the Zuiko 90/2.0, and 1/5 the cost... so you have to give up
something. You just don't have to give up so much of your money. I predict
(the envelope, please) you will find it a very satisfying lens. Solid
all-metal construction, smooth mechanisms, and top-notch quality throughout.
There is a 'matched multiplier' that functions to extend the range to 1:1,
and that includes a tripod mount, so it is a handy thing to get if you
didn't get it included.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...