Re: [OM] Re: Expensive camera, cheap film???

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Expensive camera, cheap film???
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:38:47 +0000

Jan Steinman wrote:

> Sometimes my students balk at spending $91 during the class for
> seven rolls of Elitechrome and processing during the eight-week
> class.
>
> I then show them some of my Kodak 5247 sob stories from the 70's
> ("slides AND prints at the same time -- cool" NOT!), along side
> some Kodachrome from the same period, and tell them, "I've NEVER
> looked at one of my pictures and said, 'Gee, I wish I'd shot that
> on cheaper film!'".
>
> Although, I've OFTEN said the opposite...

You've never ever wished you'd shot anything on cheaper film? Not even the ones which were out of focus, or which were wrongly exposed, or where the subject moved, or where you accidentally opened the camera back before you rewound the film, or where you forgot to change the film speed dial, etc etc? I've got LOADS of photos I wish I'd shot on cheaper film!! Or perhaps not shot at all :)

Roger