[OM] 17mm

Subject: [OM] 17mm
From: Bernard FRANGOULIS <bernard.frangoulis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:28:27 +0100
There was talk recently of the Tamron 17mm - I think Bill Barber has one and likes it?

I know there were two versions, one (the older one) with filters, the other without. Which one has a wide, "crenellated" (is this an English word?) hood?

And let's assume I had to chose between the Tamron and the Tokina, which one would be the best (if any) - and is any of them "good enough" for sharp landscape pictures?

I do know the best one would be the Zuiko 18/3.5, but it is too expensive for me right now. And since I already have the Zuiko 24/2.8 I think the 21mm would be too close in perspective, I need something wider.

Bernard