Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #3882

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: olympus-digest V2 #3882
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:07:34 -0800
The very last formulation of the 50/1.4 started somewhere around ser# 1,085,000. In Gary's tests <http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm> , it was both slightly sharper and had slightly better contrast than one he tested with ser# below 1,000,000. It appears that there are differences between those marked "MC", the next series after them, but below say 1,084,000 and those above about 1,085,000. The general party line is that the latest are the best, although I seem to recall posts questioning this. You could check the archives. Gary's tests are probably what your seller is referring to.

Moose

Devon Decker wrote:

Can someone tell me what the big deal is with the Zuiko 50mm 1.4 lens with a
serial number of 11xxxxx?  I've seen it talked up on several Ebay uctions. Some
of them even speak of a magazine article testing the lens?  Can anybody clue me
in?  Thanks.