[OM] Bokeh on wheels

Subject: [OM] Bokeh on wheels
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 15:07:24 -0800 (PST)
JoelW made smoke recently about Bokeh being a figment of our
imaginations.  Well, MR Wet Sock, let me give you a challenge
since you so rudely failed to show your face at our Mid-Iowa
Zuiko-Fest.

I'm going to try and get away for a couple of days next month
and venture north to the edge of Lake Superior.  Yes, a feeble
attempt at capturing some lasting image of winter 2002-2003 in
the Great Lakes region.  My wife is going to have a sleep over
at our house and figured that since nobody is going to get any
sleep anyway, I might as well terrorize the northwoods with my
cameras.

Actually, I'm hoping to find enough snow to do some
cross-country skiing.  Preferred destination:  Porcupines.  Have
Jeep, will travel. (Mandatory SUV content)

So, therefore, I'd like to propose a North-Woods Bokeh Fest to
prove the theory of Bokeh being a real commodity and not a
figment of our half-frozen minds.  I'll be bringing my X-country
skis unless we've had a week of 80 degree weather to thaw
everything into brown mush, in which case my B&W film is a good
choice anyway.

My wife will tell me which weekend, but either the weekend of
March 14 or the 22.  Unfortunatley my time is tight so I'll be
leaving after work on Thursday, driving into the night and
coming back Saturday afternoon-evening.  That'll give me a day
and a half of playtime.

Any other takers in the Minnisota, Wisconsin, Northern Michigan,
Chicago area?

AG-Schnozz