Re: [OM] lost camera

Subject: Re: [OM] lost camera
From: Magdalena Cano Plewinska <MPlewinska@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 02:48:11 -0500
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:16:07 -0500, W Shumaker <omlist@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>OK, some time ago I mentioned that a friend of mine found a camera bag
>behind the seat of a rental truck.

I was able to see your images just fine.

I have two suggestions:

(1) Post the pictures to http://lostandfoundnow.com/. I have never
used them, but they claim that the service is free. I don't know
whether it comes with any strings attached.

(2) Ask the rental company to contact the individuals who had
previously rented that truck. If they are vague about describing what
was lost, the person who describes it should be the owner.

As an aside, the car rental company must use the same people who clean
the building I work in. I make a sport of watching the same pieces of
trash stay in the same (easily accessible) places for weeks on end. I
recently grew some "penicillin" in a trash can where I was putting my
tea leaves day after day, because no one had emptied it for over a
week.

Good luck,
--
Magda Plewinska