RE: [OM] RE: [OT] Protestors

Subject: RE: [OM] RE: [OT] Protestors
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:13:38 -0800
Linda;

Thanks for a well thought out response.

Sure, I was being a bit broad in my generalization, part of the
guilt-by-association thing.

You sound like the exception to the rule. Someone who is against war -
period. That's a noble way to go.  I hope you don't think that I believe we
should just lob bombs around indiscriminately.

But we've got a pretty serious situation going on now in the world and
operating out of fear, cowardice and/or utopian pipe dreams ain't gonna cut
it against the likes of Husshame and Bin Drinkin.

Here's a question you really need to answer - what would have been your
response to Hitler or Pearl Harbor?

I believe you when you say you were aginst the Yugoslavia war.  But were you
out marching? If you were, you were mighty lonely.  Where were all these
other groups?  I'm sorry, but what shall I take from these observations:

* Massive demonstations against the '91 Iraq war. A war which was over in
days with an   extremely small number of 'collateral damage' casualties.
Both due to critically detailed planning by Schwarzkopf (sp?) and use of
'smart bombs' and cruise missiles against targets in populated areas.

* Nobody saying a bleepin peep about Yugoslavia. A 'war' which was 'fought'
by blindly dropping bombs from 40,000 feet, killing far more civilians than
military.

* Massive demonstrations now about Iraq again.  A war which will be fought
with even smarter weapons than in '91 and thus civilian casualties will be
held to an absolute minimum, at least that will certainly be the goal. Of
course, Mr Saddam is unlikely to go quietly into the night and will try to
take the whole planet with him, given the chance. As we've already heard,
he's given the OK to use chemical weapons (that he doesn't have)against us.
There's a saying in old West movies "This man needs killin." His cowardly,
untrustworty army will turn tail as they did in '91.  Bush should announce
loud and clear that any Iraqi officer who uses chemical weapons or orders
them used will be summarily executed.  Any smart Iraqi officer is gonna know
who'll be picking up the chips when this is over and hopefully will wave his
white flag right away.

OK, enuf about this already.  I don't want a stinkin war either.  But 'You
can't always get what you want', so 'Gimme Shelter', 'Paint it Black' and
'Jumpin Jack Flash!' send those 'Street Fightin' Men' into Baghdad and take
care of that 'Monkey Man.'

George

Say, is Mick or Keith the more important Stone?  :>) Nevermind.