[OM] Protective cap for hot shoe contact? & shift macro [OT] twins

Subject: [OM] Protective cap for hot shoe contact? & shift macro [OT] twins
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 22:08:48 +0000
Hello,

[OM]

Anyone knows where to get the protective cap for the
hot shoe contact on top of the prism for a OM1n and OM2n?
I never use a flash and like the camera's more without the shoe 4.
(architects are always mad about details).
I hope they are not as pricey as the grip1!

Concerning th shift lenses for macro... I have been experimenting lately
with the 2* converter and the 35 and 24 shift. focal length goes to 70 and
50mm, but the shift goes double as well! a very nice working field. I did
not get anything developed yet concerning image quality however...

[OT]

The twins are home since last sunday... after 7 weeks in hospital. It is a
wonderfull feeling, and I wish to thank everybody for the nice responses.
Getting sleep is really though (for us parents) and basil, the 16 months old
brother is welcoming them very nicely (always waving his hands at them in
the morning!).  At the moment they lay next to eachother in their big bed.
The OM part here is that I am really happy to get out half an hour a day to
take some pics and feel me and looking at things my way. It gets my thought
clear again and I enjoy photography very much. It is a nice way to be on
your own, very concentrated and at the same time look at the world and how
wonderfull it can be. I have been thinking a lot lately, and I really think
beauty is one of the things that are neglected very much this century.
Walking trough town and entering our 14th century gothic basilica and seeing
the sunrays coming through the windows and hitting/lighting the smoke of the
candles is a wonderfull as well as beautifull experience, whether one
believes or not. It is a pitty nobody in there sees it. They were gazing at
me gazing at the light, thinking "what does he see there?". Anyway, I felt
verrrrry good seeing this play of light and volumes.

iwert (waiting for the 23.00 o'clock hungry feeling of Lars and Simon)