Re: [OM] print profiles follow up

Subject: Re: [OM] print profiles follow up
From: Tal Lancaster <tal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:40:29 -0800
On 29 Jan 2003 03:53:13 -0000
owner-olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (olympus-digest) wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:32:35 -0800
> From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] print profiles follow up

[snip..snip]
The library did have one useful book,
> "Digital Photographer's handbook", Tom Ang, DK Publishing 2002. It's
> worth a look if you are a serious newby but probably nothing new for
> experienced users. Several of the  pictures are taken with OM1 and 2n
> but mostly EOS and Coolpix. The only book in our library specifically
> about Photoshop 6 is in spanish. Fortunately I'm fairly fluent but I
> have to learn all the computer lingo and technical terms as I go. It's
> actually pretty good for what I as a beginner need. "Photoshop 6.0
> Avanzado", Daniel Venditti, MP Ediciones, Buenos Aires. The other two
> books i ordered are, "Digital Photography Bible" Ken Milburn (from
> Lama's post), and "Adobe Photoshop 6 for Photographers", Martin Evening.
> The latter is also available in a newer version for PS7. Anyone familiar
> with these books? Any others to be recommended?

I have really liked Barry Haynes, "Photoshop Artistry: A Master Class for
Photographers and Artists."

It is very detailed lessons that take you through step by step.  The first
bunch of chapters deal with color calibration.  It is what I used to get me up
to speed  with Photoshop.  Make sure you get the edition that matches with your
version of Photoshop.

You can find out more about the book at:

http://www.barryhaynes.com/

Tal
--
Tal Lancaster