re: [OM] Bald Eagle's breakfast

Subject: re: [OM] Bald Eagle's breakfast
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:31:35 -0800
> Vermont is one of the few states with no nesting pairs...

Four active nests that i know of within a few miles of our house. Many
others that I don't. Right now the eagles are feasting on rotting salmon
up mainland rivers. The Skagit is reporting a few hundred, at Squamish a
couple thousand. When they are nesting you can get quite close. Problem
is getting an angle other than straight up. An eagle nest from the
ground looks pretty much like any other brush pile.

mike