[OM] smart guy!

Subject: [OM] smart guy!
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:46:44 -0600
"I'm sure they would like to have a different setup, but I guess that
would've been too expensive to move walls etc at this time."
George,
Your lab owner is a wise businessman. A friend is shopping for a similar
setup, and one of the problems he faces is the all in one machine. There are
three configurations for these machines. One includes scanner, printer, and
processor all in one package. This is mainly what you see in the Frontier.
Another includes scanner and printer an a package, and the tierd is to have
all units stand-alone. That is the best, from a business standpoint. The
advances in scanner technology are the most frequent. Printers evolve
slowly, and processors have evolved about  as far as posssible. If he buys
an all in one unit, when he needs to upgrade his scanner, guess what goes
along with it? The only advantage in the all in one unit is unattended
operation, where the system runs overnight.

Also, it is entirely possible that his Kreonite machine can support more
than one printer.

This guy's got the right idea.

Bill Pearce