RE: [OM] OM adapter mounts

Subject: RE: [OM] OM adapter mounts
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:57:58 -0000
Robert T McFetridge wrote:

> I have been looking at different adapter mounts for my OM system so
> that I can use a more varied number of lenses. One type of adapter I
> have not been able to find is one to connect old Pentax (M42) lenses
> to the OM. The M42 thread on the Pentax/Prektica lenses is also used
> on many others such as early Mamiyas, Konicas ( as I recall) a
> variety of Eastern European lenses and a few others. The problem is
> that of a mount. The M42 is only slightly different from the T mount
> system in that it is a 42mm by 1mm thread whereas the T mount is 42mm
> by .75mm. The difference is just enough to jam things up or strip
> threads. Has anyone experience playing in this area. Many of the SMC
> Takumar lenses would be great additions as their optics are superb;
> and then there are Zeiss Jena lenses as well.

These adapters do exist, see for example:

http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/publish/page7.html (price is in UK pounds)

For infinity focus, a lens is needed within the adapter, because the
distance from film to lens mount is less in M42 cameras than in OMs.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)
http://www.alanwood.net/photography.olympus/ (macro, under construction)