RE: [OM] macro flash needed

Subject: RE: [OM] macro flash needed
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:21:11 -0000
That sounds like a ringing endorsement from Walt - Go for it Magda, before
someone else does!

The description on the KEH website is "OLYMPUS - SHOE MOUNT FLASH T28 MACRO
TWIN FLASH 1 (GN72) WITH T POWER CONTROL, POWER PACK 2 (6V)" which gives you
everything you will need to power the two flash heads and the modeling
lights.  The condition is listed as "Excellent" and the price is USD325.
That compares well with the UK auction offering that Roger mentioned, sold
for UKP181 (almost USD300) that is wothout the Power Control and 6V Power
Pack.

The only things I can think of being 'missing' are:
1 the Macro Flash Shoe Ring which allows you to mount both flash heads on
the front of the lens - useful, but not critically important - you can mount
one head on the Power Control, and another on any after-market flash bar
(there are no hot-shoe connections, all the electrics are provided by
integral cables).  Or get a pair of flash shoes, a metal lens hood, and some
epoxy...
2 a set of neutral density filters (usually listed as T32 Wide+ND filters)
which give you greater flexibility in differential control of the light from
each head - this may be more important to you.  John Hermanson has them
(new, until they are sold) for USD29.95 -
http://www.zuiko.com/sales_motor_macro__flash.htm
3 an AC adaptor - KEH have an F.AC 2 for USD23!
4 a TTL cord to avoid having to mount the Power Control on the camera itself
- but that depends on which OM you are using (you *are* using an OM, now?).
Again, John has them from USD45, depending on spec.

Piers