Re: [OM] OT pen lens spotted.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT pen lens spotted.
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:49:02 -0800
on 1/23/03 12:58 PM, Timpe, Jim at Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And I thought the OM mount version of this lens was pretty pricey...  yikes.
> No connection etc.
> it's a Pen mount 400/6.3
> eyebuy item #3002768075

John Foster's fabulous book on the Pen F system has this to say...

estimated total production ~330 pieces

"The rarity ratio for the 400mm x 6.3 super-telephoto lens is Y =
646,860/330=1:1960 and is an extremely rare find indeed."

This book is highly recommended and full of 'purty' writing like that. Given
that the lens on auction is extremely rare, perhaps rarer than any of the OM
'big whites' and looks to be in very good shape and with an original case, I
think the price doesn't look so bad... but unfortunately my credit load does
right now, so no Visa adventures in this direction :-(
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...