Re: [OM] Four-pound new arrival

Subject: Re: [OM] Four-pound new arrival
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:37:23 -0800

On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 01:23  PM, Walt Wayman wrote:

In today's mail there came a new catalog from B&H, and it is
humongous!  I had to restrain myself from letting out a little
yelp of delight when I removed it from the mailbox,
thinking, "Wow, here's bathroom reading material to last at least
the rest of the winter."

Imagine my disappointment upon opening it to discover that within
this four-pound, 824-page wish book is not a single camera, not
one lens, no tripods, camera bags, filters, none of the goodies
dreams are made of.  Perplexed, I flipped it closed and at last
read the cover: "Professional Lighting for Photo, Video, Cine &
Theatrical."  Well, phooey!

There's tons of stuff in this thing I never even knew existed, and
it'll provide bathroom reading maybe until Valentine's Day.  Heck,
I've even found a couple of potentially useful gadgets I won't be
able to do without now that I know there are such things.  But I
never dreamed you could fill 824 pages (and four pounds) of
catalong with nothing but lighting equipment and accessories.
Another day, another thing learned.  The wonder of it all!  Let
there be light!

Walt

Well. You have put much more of a positive spin on that thing than I did.