Re: [OM] dim bulbs

Subject: Re: [OM] dim bulbs
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:33:35 -0800
Yeah, but they weren't the same as using a strobe, were they? You'd get one of those long, narrow boxes of bulbs and each one was a little explosion you'd caused. They were hot and when the plastic ones came out, deformed, after you'd used them. When you looked at your photo it was your mastery of elemental fire that illuminated the faces in the image you'd struck. Not to get all prosaic about it, but it was really something to use a flashbulb. Even flash cubes were cool in their own way. I remember seeing my first Kodak instamatic and thinking, "Man, you can fire off four in a row on this puppy." And you could. ;-)

-Rob