Re: [OM] f stop adjustments with F280 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] f stop adjustments with F280 flash
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:05:52 +0100
I would say it depends if you dialed up the -1 in the aperture setting or
the ISO/ASA setting?
And if the 'AUTO' mode was the Camera or the Flash?
br
jez

"John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>@Zuiko.sls.bc.ca on 21-01-2003 04:16:30 PM

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    "LIST - Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
Subject:    [OM] f stop adjustments with F280 flash

The close up image I posted of our young cat was taken with an OM4T / 90mm
f2 macro / F280 flash on camera. The camera to subject distance was about
three feet.

The aperture used was f5.6 or f8 and the exposure mode was set to "Auto".
On
a gut feeling that the proximity of flash to subject was abnormally close I
dialled up a minus 1 exposure factor on the camera. The density of the
negative looks OK.

My question is ........ did dialling up a minus 1 exposure factor have any
impact on the exposure of the negative? When used without flash the minus 1
dial up would result in a one stop under exposure. When exposing with F280
flash does the interaction of the camera with the flash gun override any f
stop compensation one may have set?

John Hudson