Re: [OM] Mini-Trekker

Subject: Re: [OM] Mini-Trekker
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:45:34 +0100
As far as I know, Lowepro equipment has been made in the Far East,
principally China, for the last few years. The company was actually sold
about 4 years ago to a Canadian, so the corporate headquarters are now in
Markham, Ontario (northern outskirts of Toronto) I believe. USA
headquarters are still in Santa Rosa.
Very good quality still; I have several bags, including a Mini-Trekker.
Canadian prices are significantly lower in US dollar terms, as far as I
remember.

Regards/Mvh.,
Roger Key

Rob Jackson wrote:

On the advice of several people here, I picked up a Mini-Trekker not
too long ago. With the start of school and everything I hadn't gotten
around to swapping my gear out into it yet, but I did over the weekend.
It's real comfy holding most all of my OM stuff. It's not like I've
overloaded it or anything, either. I'm used to taking a body or two and
a lens or two in my old bag. It feels really strange to have so much
stuff with me. Very Bat utility belt-ish. I guess it's an
excuse-killer. It's still kind of strange to be mobile with so much
gear...doesn't seem too heavy, though. I mean, it's a solid little
brick loaded up, but it seems pretty manageable.

 From what I can tell, my bag was made here in Santa Rosa, but none of
the local retailers will sell them for less than retail (and usually
OVER retail), so I ended up buying it from a Canadian seller at
auction. Kind of crazy to buy a bag that was made five miles from your
home and have it shipped to Canada and back before you end up with it.

-Rob