[OM] RE: [OT] Siren Song--Which will it be

Subject: [OM] RE: [OT] Siren Song--Which will it be
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:48:58 -0600
Cc: "'AG Schnozz'" <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Ag:

I'd say get the system that will get the best return on investment first.
If that is the 645 kit for weddings, etc., then I would go with that.  There
is more possibility that it will be digital compatible in a few years so
that you can go that way if it is marketable for you.

I know your real love will be a 4x5.  MF is just a distraction.  The
controls of 4x5 (not to mention film size) are what really makes it
"perfect".  Us contemplative types need the discipline of 4x5 to get our
best ideas on film.  For me 35mm is for size and convenience, but 4x5 is
really where it's at!  I may be biased as I mostly shoot architecture, but
there is a lot more good 4x5 stuff out there than MF.

I'd also suggest NOT getting rid of your favorite OM body and lens.  in
fact, I would recommend you keep your two most used lenses (100/2.8 &
35/2.8?) for the happy snaps and family pics.  There is nothing that will
come between me and my OM-1n + 85/2.

Anyway, that's just one man's opinion.

Bob