Re: [OM] Shooting the moon

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting the moon
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 09:48:06 -0800
John, I went out Friday evening to get a shot of the full moon rising
behind Mt Baker. It was a beautiful moon rise just before sunset,
perfect for a photo. Unfortunately the moon was a little too far north
of Baker for a photo. About 20 degrees too far. I didn't realize how far
20 degrees azimuth actually was. Nor did i realize how much difference a
few miles one way or the other makes even 50 miles away. Next time I'm
paying more attention to the details. I have a little DOS program that
tells me the azimuth of sun/moon rise/set. So it looks like next full
moon rise in February will be perfect for photo from a hill near here.
Of course the weather in Feb. is iffy. The 180 seemed to be the lens of
choice. The 300 may be a little too long but I might try a couple shots
with it too. The moon is moving pretty fast so there isn't much time for
changing lenses while it is in the sweet spot.

Mike