Re: [OM] Tripods? (now really OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods? (now really OT)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 23:42:26 EST
In a message dated 1/14/2003 10:17:22 PM Central Standard Time,
joegwinn@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Tiltall used to be the answer

Yep, had one that lived with me for 30 plus years and just recently sent it
to live with someone else.  I think this thread started out with a request
for recommendations on a good travel tripod that didn't weigh a ton or cost a
kings ransom.  Not sure anyone has given an answer to that question yet.  I
don't offer one however will allow that I have just purchased a Velbon Maxi
343e with the intent of strapping it to my camera case and sliding it under
an airplane seat.  Don't expect it to hold an OM and a 400mm Tamron, however
for a relatively light travel kit, it should be just the ticket. Metal
construction, ball head, under 2 pounds , 18 1/2 inches folded and under
$100.  Bill Barber