Re: [OM] Flash photo woes.

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash photo woes.
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:55:19 +0100
A little warning about the Vivitar 283. If it is the original version, it
puts out a lot of volts through the flash contacts, which can be damaging
to cameras with electronic shutters etc (OM-2/3/4); OK with OM-1 though.
Later 283's are OK I believe. This applies to a lot of old flashguns.

Roger Key

Rob Jackson wrote:

Sorry to just barrage the list tonight.

I can't use my F280 for the class because it doesn't have a bounce
head. I just pulled out my old Vivit*r 283 and it's dead. I don't know
if it can be fixed or not, but right now it seems to be D.O.A. (I
haven't had it out and put batteries in it for probably a decade).
Anyone have a flash recommendation? Can I use the 280 on a bounce grip?
Should I just look into some other kind of strobe with a swivel head?

-Rob