Re: [OM] Digital now! Free lenses!

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital now! Free lenses!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:00:36 -0800

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 05:44  PM, Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

Winsor,
How do you change the shutter speed underhanded, using your left hand when
shooting a vertical?  I have the right side of the camera up, do you?

Maybe you have the left side up, releasing the shutter with your right
thumb? When I try that, yeah, I end up changing the shutter underhanded
with my left.  That may be the way to go.

Lama

PS, I apologize for being on topic. :)

I don't. After I sent it I realized you said shutter speed, not aperture. Location of the shutter speed dial is the one thing I have never liked about Olympus. Much easier to roll the dial on top with a finger on the right hand regardless of position. Probably the reason I have become dependent on the camera's automatic exposure systems.

I have always been more comfortable with the vertical position with the winder on the top. If you hold it like Olympus says to do it in the owners manual with the winder down and your thumb on the shutter release it is easy to access the shutter speed dial tabs without blocking the LCD "skylight".