[OM] Beyond the Return of Fast Photos with OM's! (Mike V, this is for y

Subject: [OM] Beyond the Return of Fast Photos with OM's! (Mike V, this is for you!)
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:31:35 -0800

Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:39:29 -0800
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 01:32 AM 1/12/2003 -0800, Stephen Scharf wrote:
...Here's Troy Bayliss, 2001 World Superbike Champion, during World
Superbike practice....entering Turn 5 at Laguna Seca, July 2002. Shot with
my Olympus OM-2S handheld at 400 mm using my Zuiko 200mm f/4 and a 2X-A
teleconvertor. Film is Fuji Provia 100 RDPIII, and was scanned on my
Minolta Dimage Scan Elite II film scanner.

Handheld at 400mm? Wow. Nice shot.

Thanks! It's tough to use a monopod while shooting over the chainlink fence with spectator access, so I take my chances and shoot handheld. I've been doing it so long now (20 years this year) that panning with a monopod seems cumbersome.

Would have been a MUCH better shot if was done with a DSLR though. What's
the OM thing? Is is a brand of Microdrive?

:-)

Richard, why yes, you're right...it would have been! Dang! I need to get one of those confangled things! Thanks for the tip! :-)

The OM thing is the latest in WiFi capable flash media! <wink>

Cheers,
Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!