RE: [OM] OM4 batt.drain serial nos.

Subject: RE: [OM] OM4 batt.drain serial nos.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:06:45 -0000
Hi Jam,

I can't say for sure when they started putting the "fix" into the OM-4's, or
if they actually did do it in production (others here will tell you more).
What I can say is that a number of OM-4's which were returned with this
problem, or indeed for any other problem involving the circuit board, had
their boards replaced with the 4T / 4Ti boards.  My OM-4 is one of these.
Of course, without swapping the hot-shoe for the 4T / 4Ti version you don't
get the improved flash-sync, etc., but you do get the solution to the
battery drain issue.

So, how do you tell whether your OM-4 has the "fixed" battery drain problem
?  As I understand it you set the camera to "battery check" and wait.  If
the beep / LED turns off after about 30 seconds then you have a "fixed" one.
If it stays beeping / lighting up indefinitely then I recommend carrying a
couple of sets of spare batteries at all times !!  Either way, it's a great
camera so don't despair.  Batteries are cheap.  Especially compared with the
way most Digi-Cams use them !!

Others here will chime in with a more accurate answer, I'm sure, but that's
a good start anyway.

Good luck with the 4 anyway, it's a lovely camera.  Good to see another UK
listee, and are you making it to the London meet-up next weekend ?!

Regards,

Jon