Re: [OM] ISO as the Third Variable

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO as the Third Variable
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:29:07 -0800
Take a look at the review of the Fuji S2. ISO 100-1600 and less noise at 800 ISO than many midrange consumer DCs. That kind of performance wil move down to cheaper cameras pretty soon.

Moose

Chris Barker wrote:

This would be a wonderful advantage for digital cameras except for the fact that every review (in Amateur Photographer, UK) mentions the extraneous noise which appears at higher ISOs (above 100 in some cases). I refer to the middle-of-the-range cameras, as I have not bothered to read about cameras costing over £1500 sterling ;-).