Re: [OM] Digital now! Free lenses!

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital now! Free lenses!
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:40:39 -0500
I'm becoming increasingly intrigued with the idea I got from Mike
Veglia's post yesterday about using Tamron Adaptall lenses on the
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro.  I had not thought of this before, and
the more I think about it now that the lightbulb's been lit, the
more I like the notion of having a 6.2 Mp interchangeable lens
digital SLR with, essentially, a great set of lenses for just the
cost of a few Nikon Adaptall mounts ($32.50 per new from B&H).

The S2's sensor is 23x15.5mm, resulting in the digital camera
curse of a 1.5X factor for the lenses relative to 35mm
equivalents.  Although I consider this a negative, it is far from
being a deal breaker.  It just means my little flock of Tamrons
would essentially morph thusly:

17/3.5 to 25/3.5
28-105/2.8 to 42-157/2.8
80-200/2.8 to 120-300/2.8
90/2.8 1:1 macro to 135/2.8 1:1 macro
300/2.8 to 450/2.8
300/2.8 with 1.4X teleconverter to 630/4

I don't see a real problem here.  What am I missing (besides the
$2200+ to buy the S2)?  I might have to unload some OM bodies or
other goodies to finance the deal, but I'm going to give it some
serious consideration.

Right now, though, I think I ought to go have a lie down before I
do something rash.  Someone needs to hide my credit cards.  Talk
me down before I leap!

Walt