[OM] color fidelity; Kodachrome; 8mm fisheye

Subject: [OM] color fidelity; Kodachrome; 8mm fisheye
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:30:46 -0800
"No film can exactly reproduce the original scene. But neither can anything
else, so there is no possible standard of comparison. If the results look to
you like the subject and no one else thinks they look 'off', what's to worry
about?"

To the best of my knowledge, the Lippman process renders the original colors
exactly. However, it requires a very long exposure and is not "practical."

It's been many years since I used Kodachrome, but of all the things I could
accuse Kodachrome of, a general magenta cast was not one of them.

I have a Zuiko 8mm fisheye, but have never taken pictures with it. The
"trick" is to find subjects that lend themselves to being projected on a
sphere. This is a different aesthetic from using a full-frame fisheye.