Re: [OM] Colour Balance of Slide Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Colour Balance of Slide Film
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:33:51 -0500
All this talk about a magenta cast to Kodachrome has surprised me. I don't use
Kodachrome nearly as much as I used to, mostly because of the convenience
factor (I get decent same day turnaround on E-6 here, although my Kodachromes
are almost always back in less than a week, usually faster than Kodak or Fuji's
E-6 mailers, in fact). The times I do use Kodachrome are when color rendition
is most important - in particular at this time of year I find Kodachrome is the
only slide film that gives me pristine white snow - every other slide film I've
ever used gives some sort of color cast, at least to my eyes. I'll have to see
if I have any Kodachrome leaders around and look for a color cast - I never
really paid any attention to the leaders before.

I think I have some K64 in the fridge - but last night's rain washed away what
little snow we had left. A trip to the zoo to coincide with the next snowfall
may be in order.

Paul Schings
Coventry, Rhode Island