[OM] What Is Olympus Corp Doing?

Subject: [OM] What Is Olympus Corp Doing?
From: dolphans1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:54:02 +0000
Dear John Hermansen,

Thanks for pointing out the fact that Konica was the one that purchased
Minolta, or better yet, merging. According to the AP report, "they" both agreed
to merge, however terms of the deal was not diclosed. Leave it to me, to assume
that Minolta was a bigger Company that Konica, so I figured Minolta was the one
doing the buying, so I could be wrong on which company is the largest, for I
have not read the official terms of the deal. If you have a copy of that report
or article, please forward it to this board. I'm very much interested in seeing
what the deal is in full terms and specifics.

I guess Konica is a household name in Japan. I recall seeing a bunch of Konica
comercials in Tokyo when I was there a while ago.

Thanks,

Samuel Morales