[OM] [OT] Chinon repair?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Chinon repair?
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:08:01 -0500
On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:16:20 -0500 Mickey Trageser said:

> A coworker has a Chinon CM-4S SLR that requires repair. There is no ground
> connection on the hotshoe frame. I've provided a workaround (ground strap
> from flash to tripod mount), but wonder if there is anyone to recommend for
> a repair in the USA.

In 1999 I got my wife's Chinon P&S repaired.  After much searching
around, I found that

        Japan Camera Service
        414 Bergen Blvd
        Palisades Park NJ 07650
        (201) 944-9242

had inherited whatever repair stock Chinon USA abandoned when they
departed the market.  They were able to replace the circuit board.
They may or may not have parts for your model.

If your repair requires merely a mechanical fix (as opposed to
needing a replacement part that can't be easily fabricated) then any
good repair shop should be up to the task.