Re: [OM] RE: [OT] Revisionist history of the 70s economy

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: [OT] Revisionist history of the 70s economy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 02:44:21 -0800
Apparently, his worldview has changed in one significant way in the last few years. I heard him speak in Berkeley during the Gulf War. His historical, political and economic analysis of the roots of the war were very impressive and he effectively predicted the outcome. When he accepted a couple of questions from the SRO audience, one man asked what action could be taken to change "the way things are done". Chomsky's answer was roughly "Nothing, it's all beyond the control of individuals or groups of protesters." Now I understand he supports grass roots political action against war with Iraq.

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

If you want a lucid explanation, read Noam Chomsky's "Year 501: The Conquest Continues." This is a not-too-big paperback; I've just finished reading it. Copies are available via bookfinder.com Don't expect to view the world in the same way after reading this book though. He covers topics other than Reagan; even Saddam.