[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3799

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3799
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:13:06 -0500
> Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:36:57 +0800
> From: "TMLee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> ...  What do you guys usually do in less than optimal light?

Depends on the reason it's non-optimal. Over Christmas I knew I was going to
be shooting for prints, in frequently-low and often incandescent light, so I
shot some Portra 800 and some Superia 800 (on recommendation of my usual
store). The Superia handled it better, especially for skin tones. The same
guys printed both rolls at about the same time.

Xmas day under evening conditions I borrowed my brother-in-law's 55mm f1.2
Zuiko and shot wide open for the most part. It was soft (partly also due to
long exposures) but this was OK in portraits, as has been pointed out. The
1.2 (over my 1.4) got me from 1/15 to 1/30 and from 1/30 to 1/60 in a number
of shots. A monopod also helped when I was able to use it.

Needless to say I didn't want to shoot flash in this situation.

Rehards,
Andrew