Re: [OM] Going to Singapore!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Going to Singapore!!
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:55:07 +0800
Roger, my Oregon trip was AWESOME; the waterfalls etc.. on slidefilm was just stunning. My trip to the Redwood forest (also on slidefilm) made everybody else around me want to go.. Excellent recommendation, but it's going to be tough, I'm not sure what I can capture on film as it's raining 24-7 there...

Superia 400 is my standard print film; and Reala 100 my other. Provia 100 has got to be the film that takes the cake.. My favorite slidefilm (by far) portraits from it are just breathless..

Albert

Roger Wesson wrote:

Slides, slides, slides... try some slides is my strong recommendation. Fuji Sensia 100 is my workhorse film, Velvia is good in subdued light, and if you can get hold of any, Agfa Scala could be interesting.

I've used Superia, but really as far as I'm concerned all print films look near enough the same compared with slides. And discussions here have shown that the developing and printing has at least as much to do with the final result as the film brand. Don't let printing ruin photos! Use slides!

But enough of this chrome evangelism - enjoy the trip and take plenty of photos whatever film you use.

Roger