[OM] Access to Hawkins site (was Circular polarizer?)

Subject: [OM] Access to Hawkins site (was Circular polarizer?)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 15:46:34 -0800
Well that's odd. After several tries, I got the home page to load, but very slowly, the picture at the top took 10-15 secs over a high speed line..

I have 3 computers on a wireless LAN sharing a DSL connection. With the 2 Win98 machines, both Netscape 7 and IE 6 give a message that the connection has timed out. On the XP machine, both of those browsers and the SBC/Yahoo custom version give the message connection refused.

After hearing that others had no problem, I tried my Compuserve account, which I keep for travel, to see if dial-up would work. Works perfectly, so I try Compuserve through the DSL connection. That works perfectly too, direct connect or Wi-Fi. I have the same problem on everything on brashear.phys.appstate.edu, but on no other sites I've tried, and I have no idea when it started.

One browser works and others don't on a particular server, pretty weird. I've done a lot of changes on all three machines recently, but the one thing they all have in common is recent upgrades to Netscape 7. But IE 6 does teh same thing.

For the moment, I've just copied the pages I want locally, but any clues to what's going on would be appreciated.

Om content: I was trying to look up Oly info when I ran into this problem.

Moose

Winsor Crosby wrote:

Are others able to get through to Lee Hawkins pages? I get 'connection refused' or timeout depending on which computer I use.
Andrew Gullen wrote:

Additional note: FMI see the Olympus OM SLR FAQ at
 http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html
Question B28 may be helpful.

I connect with no problem.