[OM] ( OM ) OT Cars

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT Cars
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 08:38:23 +1300
Hi Folks,

I'm also a petrol-head at heart tho' I can't afford to do much about it these
days. I'm very pleased at being able to get myself a RWD Toyota Starlet
hatchback recently, which goes like a dream for my purposes.

Despite all the above, a lot of the magic of high-performance cars has gone
from the scene for me now; so many cars have the performance that was
once the exclusive domain of uncommon / expensive models. To illustrate,
my daughter's boyfriend has just got a Honda Integra, 2nd hand for USD
3,500. According to the test in the UK magazine Autocar (which does
independent, reputable and reliable thorough tests) this thing will do 143
mph, 0 - 60 mph in 6.7 seconds, from only 1,600 cc.

I'll stick with a versatile shopping trolley for now !!  Holds OMs too.

Brian