Re: [OM] Cameras Don't Lie

Subject: Re: [OM] Cameras Don't Lie
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 09:42:36 -0800

 > ><snip>
 >Even with Photoshop, it's pretty hard to make a fake that will
 >withstand expert scrutiny.  Even non-experts will notice that the
 >photo just doesn't look quite right, although the non-experts may
 >not be able to put their finger on exactly what's wrong until an
 >expert points it out.

Sorry, IMHO, this is naive. You would be amazed at what Photoshop can
 >do in the hands of someone who is truly expert with it.

I am beginning to think that people do not have a color reference any more. Too many hours in front of phosphors on a tube instead of seeing the real thing. The completely alien, lividly colored environments presented in car ads, for instance, seem to be accepted as the normal outdoors where you will drive your car or SUV.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California