[OM] Re: Ideesign Qtop quick release?

Subject: [OM] Re: Ideesign Qtop quick release?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:20:27 -0800
>From: Albert Yang <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>What other QR's have you used...

I'm really fond of the Bogen 3270 system. It's not terribly clunky on the
diminutive OM bodies, and yet is sturdy enough to put on large format. It's
cheap enough to put on a lot of things you wouldn't put a ~$70 Arca-Swiss QR
plate on -- I even have one on the base of a Kodak Carousel projector!

But it doesn't pan like the Qtop. It'll be interesting to see more comments
from actual OM users. For example, will the camera "sit" with the Qtop
installed? Or does it flop over. The 2370 plates are broad and flat and can be
"permanently" installed and the camera "sits" nicely on them, whereas Qtop
seems to tout it's ease of removal.
--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>