Re: [OM] focusing using ground glass vs. micro/split prism

Subject: Re: [OM] focusing using ground glass vs. micro/split prism
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:24:50 -0800 (PST)
With the 2X converter, you are at f5.6, and at that lens speed the
micro/split prism is unreliable and the focus seems to shift as you
shift your eyeball.  At lower f values (4 and below) I find the
split, if used on a straight verticle line, is a little more accurate
- meaning you will get the focus spot on with less guess work.  At
least that is the way my eyes work - others may be different.

=====