Re: [OM] Re: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 11:36:08 +0800
I don't have the LS2000 anymore, just test the LS4000, ignore auto focus and
auto exposure timing, with a 2.4GHz PC and 768MB RAM Window ME. No ICE and
filters. auto crop in vuescan, similar cropping in Nikon SW.

Vuescan - 61 seconds for scan, 29 seconds for saving the cropped file.
Nikon original software, color management off - 51 seconds total.

ICE on

Vuescan - 70 seconds for scan, 50 seconds for saving the crop.
Nikon original software, color management off - 81 seconds total.

The crop file saving time in Vuescan is depends on the CPU speed, it was
very slow when I was running a 500MHz AMD (one year ago) and 256MB RAM. It
probably took four times in the post saving time.

C.H.Ling