Re: [OM] Re: OT: The Two Towers

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT: The Two Towers
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:45:14 -0800
12/31/2002 2:43:21 PM, Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Liv Tyler could do very little wrong, although I thought her rival
>for Aragorn's affections was rather special :-).
>
>Chris
>
>At 12:17 -0800 31/12/02, Jan Steinman wrote:
>>  >From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>>The only strange accent was Samwise Gamgee's.
>>
>>If you watch the interviews on the four-DVD set, you'll note that he
>>was one of the few "Mercans" in the movie.
>>
>>It seems to be easier for "English" speakers (Mel Gibson, Nicole
>>Kidman, et. al.) to fake "Mercan" than the other way around.
>>
>>Liv Taylor was another Mercan in Fellowship, and to my ear, she had
>>an authentic Elvish accent as Arwen. :-)

arwen had a better part in the first movie (riding across the river given chase
by the dark riders). this movie, they could have done w/o all that mushy stuff.
gawd, no place for wasting
so much screen time on *that* when there be battles to be fought, arrr.
however, i must concur with chris that eowyn's character was masterfully acted
and a whole lot easier on the eyes
than arwen :) heck, if you want to kill some time, head over to IMDB.com and
read the (multiple) threads on "arwen vs eowyn (vs galadriel), who's prettier"
<g>

/S
--
.sig