Re: [OM] Vuescan, an HP S20, and me

Subject: Re: [OM] Vuescan, an HP S20, and me
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:24:50 -0500
I have an HP S20.  A month or so ago I coughed up the $40 for
Vuescan.  After trying it for a half dozen or so scans, I was not
particularly impressed.  For one thing, it seemed a lot slower
than the HP software, so I gave up on it.  Since some of you keep
singing its praises, it looks like maybe I need to go back and try
it again.  Maybe I didn't have both feet on the floor.

As for the S20, it ain't the greatest, but I've got no real
complaints.  I've had mine over three years now and have had zero
problems -- except for the time Max (one of our cats) whizzed on
it, and then it only needed cleaning.  Most of my scans are from
trannies, Provia 100 and 400 or Kodachrome 64, but I've gotten
pretty good results from Fuji NPS and NPC too.

Walt