Re: [OM] Help! what can I do?

Subject: Re: [OM] Help! what can I do?
From: mms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:35:42 -0500

Mike,

All you need do to remove the color fringing is a "hard" reboot of your
PhotoSmart.  Unplug the scanner at the wall socket, then plug it it back in
after a minute or so.  The fringing only happens when the scanner is in slide
mode.

You're right about the original negs---they will give you a better scan because
they are originals, and also because the PhotoSmart is a much better negative
scanner than a slide scanner.  Also, the so-called slides are heavily cropped
when printed, in addition to the little bit lost by the slide mount.  I don't
know how SFW sent you the negs, but I know Dale Labs wound them up tight in
little red cannisters, and they are a pain in the ass to flatten and scan.
Good luck.

Morgan

..