Re: [OM] "Action" and pose question

Subject: Re: [OM] "Action" and pose question
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:33:43 -0800
At 03:16 PM 12/24/2002 +0800, Albert wrote:
I will probably start taking a martial arts soon (gonna try to lose the holiday gut before it starts to give Homer Simpson a run for his money) being 26, I can get back into shape rather quickly (thank God!). I will be taking San Da, a chinese form of basically Muay Thai kickboxing with throws.

I'm thinking about taking pictures of some of the moves, anybody got suggestions on taking a two person "simulated freeze frame" sequence?? I have no clue where to begin..

Albert, the best thing to do is for the photographer to know more or less how the action will play out, and prefocus and anticipate. Here's a shot I took 9 months or so ago in a Karate competition: <http://www.dragonsgate.net/richard/gallery/tn/kumite.jpg.html>