Re: [OM] On: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] On: Dipping our Toe Into Digital (LONG)
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:52:44 -0800
I dunno. I have old R8 Kodachrome shot on family vacations in the late 50's and early 60's that looks a lot better than anything I've seen out of Mini-DV. I'm not saying I'm against DV, either. I used Mini-DV for my fall project this year just because I had to get a Mini-DV project done to be able to take some of the other program classes I want to take. It was great to be able to see what we'd shot immediately, but it was SO easy to overexpose or underexpose it and those LCD viewfinders are useless. We used a C*non GL-1 and I set it to zebra stripe after the first shoot went unpredictably. It was just as unpredictable on zebra stripe. We ended up having to lug a CRT out to monitor exposure. If you want to see me overacting, I've got a low-res Quicktime version of it up here:

http://www.conventicle.com/final_project.mov

-Rob ("The Father")