Re: [OM] Digital vs. film

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital vs. film
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:09:01 +0800
I started with 4x6 prints, the first time the technician did a lot of
adjustment on the brightness of the files trying to bring up the people's
face, it blew out the background and reduce the contrast of the prints, he
didn't know the scenes is the object not the people. After that I ask him
not to do any adjustment on my files and I got some too dark prints. The
third time I check the histogram to make sure I get the brightness I want
but it result some low contrast prints. The forth time I know I have to
scarify some highlight and shadow details to make the print look more
brilliance, that was much better and it is almost under control now. Can't
tell exactly how to do, the basic way is to use the prints to calibrate the
monitor and note about the histogram, in most case you need to cut some
highlight and shadow. But the first thing is to make sure the lab tech will
not touch your file.

C.H.Ling