[OM] Phototgraphing Christmas lights after dark

Subject: [OM] Phototgraphing Christmas lights after dark
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:50:46 -0600
John:

I would recommend the 64T as the lights are incandescent, and you will
get truer colors from this film.  I'd also suggest shooting right at
dusk when the lights come on.  With the 64T, the ambient
light/background will go a nice dark hue of blue that is quite pleasing.
It is much better than unfiltered - especially with those awful sodium
lights!

I'd also trust you cameras meter, or if there is a large area that you
want detail, I'd spot meter, memory function, and bracket +2/3.

Let us know how they turn out!

Bob

<snip>
I want to take some night time photos of this city's very excellent
displays of outside Christmas lights using slide film, a tripod, and my
OM4T.

I have a choice of using Fujichrome 64T Type II tungsten light film [64
ISO] or Provia III 100F daylight film with a blue 80A filter making for
a 40 to 50 ISO film after taking account of the 2.2 filter factor.

Is there any advice as to which film I should use?

John Hudson