Re: [OM] TTL vs. Auto on the OM-4T and Metz

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL vs. Auto on the OM-4T and Metz
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:19:21 -0600
The TTL sensor in the 4T starts measuring as soon as the 1st curtain
is released. If the ambient light is not totally insignificant, it will
reduce
the flash by the amount of ambient light. If the SS indicator was on 1/30s
when the shutter was released, half an exposure will have accumulated
before the flash is fired; so the flash will be reduced by half.

The flash doesn't know to start measuring until it gets the signal to fire,
and while the flash is on, it greatly exceeds ambient; so it will always
give a full exposure. For higher levels of ambient light, you may have to
compensate.

I recommend running test series.

Paul