Re: [OM] the definitive OM book

Subject: Re: [OM] the definitive OM book
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:29:11 +1300
Hi folks,

Just killing some time late on Sunday afternoon between chores, and I
noticed Skip wrote

>Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:22:42 -0500
>From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] the definitive OM book

>A paper book would be a monumental project, IMO=2E

>Just the compilation of data for a CD will be a large task=2E=20

>Has anyone put together a Table of Contents for such an undertaking?  I
>can't think of much that isn't already readily available=2E

>Skip

Well, not necessarily as monumental an undertaking as would have had to
be the case a few years ago.

I'm writing a book at the moment, and I intend to make it self-funding apart
from a small capital injection right at the start.

I have found a printer who converts all text and formatting to PDF files, and
prints on the paper format and type of your choice, on a high-quality
photocopier.

This mean that there is no type setup costs and the cost per copy is the
same whether the print run is 10 or 10,000.

For me it also means I can produce revised editions quite often if I so choose.

Brian