Re: [OM] fill flash and burned-out faces (use a flashmeter)

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash and burned-out faces (use a flashmeter)
From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:27:22 -0500
At 3:54 AM +0000 12/14/02, olympus-digest wrote:
>Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:15:45 +0800
>From: "Clemente Colayco" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash and burned-out faces (use a flashmeter)
>
>Thanks very much Joe. I also thought of trying this on digital cameras. I am
>thinking of taping over the tiny flash in the digicam just enough so that I
>am able to trigger another flash such as the T32 fitted with a wireless
>optical foot.

There may be a problem with this, as the camera probably has some kind of
automatic flash control, and there could be a fight.  The only way to know is
to try it.

If you are working inside, I would suggest taping a small upward-pointing
reflector made of white acrd stock to the digicam flash, to direct the flash
upward.

By the way, lighter fluid, used in cigarette lighters, will take the residual
adhesive off the camera body cleanly, when it's time to remove the reflector.

Joe Gwinn